- August 6, 2012
- / Category Blogging, Home Based Business, Motivation, Personal development, Self Improvement, Social Media
- / Posted By admin
- / 2 Comments.
Fear of Failure, 10 Magical Tips to Conquer
Fear of failure is a challenge we all face. It is most common in the business world. The power of the fear of failure can be overwhelming, it can paralyze us from taking action, it can completely cripple any efforts we might make toward the accomplishment our goals.
Below you will find 10 magical suggestions for releasing yourself from the shackles that the fear of failure places on your mind, your soul and your body.
Strategies that will help you put risk and reward in perspective so you can overcome the fear of failure.
But first, to set the mood, a quote and video from the movie, Coach Carter:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
We are ALL meant to shine as children do.
It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own lights shine…
…we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
This liberating quote above is taken from a…
Inspirational scene from Coach Carter: Our deepest fear:
1. Consider the cost of missed opportunities – The biggest risk that people fail to consider is the benefit they lose by avoiding high risk/high reward opportunities. A conscious and clear understanding of the loss that will result if you give into your fear will help you gather the strength needed to ignore that voice of fear in your head.
2. What are the alternatives? – The unknown is a major source of fear. When you don’t know what you’re dealing with, the potential consequences can seem far worse than reality. Take the power out of fear by understanding it. Research all the potential outcomes (both good and bad) so you clearly understand the risk of failure and the benefits of success.
3. Put the worst-case scenario in perspective – Almost without exception the worst-case scenario is not as big and scary when it is objectively analyzed. It is at that point that a strategy can be made to minimize or prevent disaster, giving confidence to move forward.
4. Understand that failure has its reward – As Emerson said, life is a series of experiments and failures, the more you make the better. Each failure is a trial and an opportunity for growth. Even if a failure costs you financially, the educational benefits can far outweigh the loss. Look failure straight in the eye and move forward!
5. Make a contingency plan – Another way to overcome the fear of failure is to reduce the downside. Hedge your risk by creating a contingency plan. Even if your first option fails, you can salvage your loss with a solid backup plan. Daring to fail doesn’t mean you have to risk losing it all. If you manage risk intelligently, you can capture the benefits of high risk opportunities while leaving yourself a safety net.
6. Take action – The best way to reduce fear and build confidence is taking action. As soon as you do, you’ll begin accumulating experience and knowledge. Action has built-in power. Start off with small steps and build up your confidence until the fear of failure is manageable.
7. Burn the boats - When ancient Greek armies traveled across the sea to do battle, the first thing they would do after landing was to burn the boats, leaving them stranded. With no way to make it home besides victory, the resolve of the soldiers was strengthened. When success and failure are the only options, you have no choice but to follow through.
8. Don’t dwell on it - Once you analyzed a failure learn something from it and move on. Don’t dwell on your past. You can’t tell where you are going if you are looking backwards. Also, dwelling on your past failures will keep you in prison right where you are.
9. Don’t be afraid to try again - Don’t let the fear from your last failure stop you from reaching your greatness, goal, dream, or potential. Just like learning to ride that bike, you didn’t fall once or twice and then give up.
10. Surround yourself with positive people - No matter what it is that you are trying to achieve, surround yourself with successful people that have done what you want to do. One of the best ways to overcome failure is to learn how other people, just like you, overcame failure. This will not only encourage you but give you the proof that it can be done.
If you enjoyed this post please comment and share if you want more content like this.
To YOUR Health and Wealth,
(805) 680-1670 (Pacific Time Zone)
Work with me: RetireWithDrZ.com
PS: Earn $500 Per Day
The Easy Way Here!
If you enjoyed this blog post, Fear of Failure, 10 Magical Tips to Conquer , re-tweet and comment please!
This blog is intended to help those interested in improving two of the most important areas of one’s life, their health and their wealth.
I will be contributing various articles and videos to educate and inspire the reader on these topics.
Comments are appreciated.
To YOUR health and wealth, Dr. Z
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012